Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Final Post - A Year in Review

 

Hello all,

The time has come for my tenth and final post for this assignment. I decided to reflect on my time as a first year student here at my university. I have definitely changed considerable since starting. From changing my major a thousand times to trying out a bunch of different clubs to find where I belong.

The hardest thing for me was concentrating all my interests into a single area and time management. I have so many interests which is why it's been hard to settle on a major. I mean how am I supposed to decide what I want to do for the rest of my life as an 18/19 year old?

I've stated this once and I'll state it again it's okay to change! I once read a quote somewhere that your life isn't really yours if you worry about what other people think of you. College is when you find yourself and really transition from being a teenager to an adult.

Also, don't punish yourself for mental health setbacks. I personally avoided opportunities because of the mental health issues I've faced this year. My grandma passed away in October 2022 which really sent me over the edge. I didn't do as well on exams because of the depression and I choose not to punish myself for that.

Even this semester has been a battle with my mental health. My advice for everyone is be easy on yourself and do the best you can.

My first year has been a time for feeling a sense of how things are and work. Some people come in with everything figured out and that's great. Other people have no idea what they are doing but as long as you make an effort to discover yourself and what fits you it's just as good. There isn't a single correct approach to college or life. Everything will sort itself out. I believe in you.

Signing out for the last time,

Teddy


   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post - A Year in Review

  Hello all, The time has come for my tenth and final post for this assignment. I decided to reflect on my time as a first year student here...