Monday, April 17, 2023

Cozy Gamer Tries FromSoftware Games

 

Hello all,


As you all know I really enjoy video games. I devote almost way too much time to video games if there is such a thing. Like books or music, everyone has a particular genre or type of video game they like. The type of games you enjoy even comes down to the types of gaming system you use.


Personally, I enjoy PC gaming and the Nintendo Switch. I never really branched out into console gaming. I play alot of relaxing low stakes games or “cozy games”. I also really enjoy fantasy games such as Skyrim or Dragon Age. 


None of these games were particularly difficult for me and I played on a system I was used to.


I branched out recently to playing some FromSoftware games on the PlayStation 5. If you don’t know, FromSoftware games have a tendency to be pretty difficult. Made even more difficult by the fact that I am not used to playing games on a console. 


I tried two FromSoftware games over the past few weeks, none of them to completion however because I am a full time college student who also works a part time job so unfortunately I do not have the time.


I tried Bloodborne and Elden Ring.


The first game I tried was Bloodborne and let me tell you it was an experience. It was very dark and had an eerie atmosphere. I struggled quite a bit with the bosses. It was a little annoying that you had to beat the bosses to progress in the game. It got easier once you discovered the little tricks and techniques. I didn’t like the lack of classes but I still enjoyed the various weapons.


Rating: 7/10


I just recently bought Elden Ring and I am really enjoying it. I like that it felt like a traditional fantasy game like I was used to with the various classes and magic. The world was very beautiful and whimsical which was a nice contrast after sinking hours into Bloodborne. It is nice that you don’t have to beat bosses to progress in the game and it is much more open. There are tons of little bosses scattered about so if you can’t beat them you can always come back later. I can’t wait to explore this game further. I recommend Elden Ring to anyone trying to branch into different types of games,


Rating: 9/10



Signing out,


Teddy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post - A Year in Review

  Hello all, The time has come for my tenth and final post for this assignment. I decided to reflect on my time as a first year student here...